Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two Portraits

Here are two new exciting models. One is an ultra-powerful Korean businesswoman, and the other an elite Iranian textile designer. I have mixed feelings about these two portraits, because although I think they are pretty good to look at, the likeness is not really there. With the painting, I can blame it on the fact that this is my first real painted portrait, and the brushes are not quite as accurate as a pencil. But I'm not sure about the drawing. Seeing these together, one thing that is noticeable is that the painting seems much more vibrant because of the colors. But drawings have a very nice quality about them that doesn't translate well into photos.

1 comment:

PQ said...

I like the drawing very much, eventhough the coloring is not as vibrant as the painting. I think you were able to capture the essence of the person a bit better in the drawing.