Thursday, July 17, 2008

Heads & Hands

My second class is called Heads and Hands. I thought I was pretty good at portraits ... until I took this class. My teacher is really good, though also very tough. It's a very structured class, which I like, and these drawings are all full-day (about 5 hour) poses. These are from the 2nd and 3rd week of classes - my first couple of drawings were horrendous. The first drawing is using the 'lift-off' technique, while the second is done in charcoal pencil on a storm gray paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the left lady's hair, and especially the bright spot on right side of her nose, hehe~

I am expecting to see your new hw for a long time! I thought u're at summer break though.

Ryan F said...

Nope, no rest for the weary for me. The summer session has about 2 weeks left, then I get a month off, then back to school in the fall. It seems like I might finish up in December.