Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Zhang Zi-Yi


Before each semester starts, I like to do one big project. This time I chose the incomparable Zhang Zi-Yi! I've collected quite a few photos of ZZY, but this one is unusual in that it is a full profile. It turns out profiles are a LOT easier than full-on or three-quarter views. Also the hair is really cool in this one, which is good practice for a really complex drawing I am planning. I really like how this one turned out. The Char-Kole I used in the hair gives a really rich, deep black. Also I like the detailing of the shoulder of the dress.

5 comments:

Jiin said...

Nice,
I like the depth of light/dark

PQ said...

That's a beautiful portrait of ZZY. Granted, she is perfect in almost every way. Love how you drew her hair, the detail of her arm and arm pit area.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I finally understand Ryan's true intent in going to art school. Nice job!

Ryan F said...

Haha. :) All hail Zhang Zi-Yi!

Anonymous said...

you did very well with the black hair...very well structured...