Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Oops I Did It Again

I was staring at my Audrey Hepburn portrait for the longest time because something didn't quite look right. I finally realized that it just needed to be darker! This surprised me because I was very conscious of making it dark, and the values matched the photos. But the darker version looks MUCH better. Actually I'm very happy with this now. I also make a few changes to the hair based on some comments by my coworkers. Thanks coworkers!

Note to self: I found out it's possible to work over an acrylic coating. However because the acrylic coating goes on in rather thick drops, it ends up making the texture very speckly. I think it's much better to use workable fixative until I'm totally sure it's done, then final coat with the acrylic.

3 comments:

PQ said...

Hi Ryan,

AR had directed me to your blog. I think it's exciting to view an artist in the making. Hope you don't mind I am leaving you a message.

I like your work thus far. As for your Audrey Hepburn portrait, I do like the darker version better than the original one. An unsolicited feedback. ;)

Ryan F said...

Hey thanks for leaving a comment! My other friends never do. :( Yes the revised one is much better - it's amazing how much difference a small change can make. My prof liked it a lot better as well and upgraded my grade. It's better in person - you guys will have to stop by when you are in the area.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Audrey Hepburn is pretty.