Thursday, September 27, 2007

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto

The third class I'm taking this semester is called Figure Modeling, colloquially known as "Naked People Sculpture". This project does not look like naked people. It doesn't even look like people. It's our "geometrical figure", and it's simplified forms allow us to study the shapes and proportions of various muscles in the body. To be honest, I'm not really into sculpture, but I can see how this class helps us with our figure drawing. I did get a pretty good grade on this figure though, and I'm a pretty fast sculptor for some reason. I guess all those years of playing with Play-Doh finally paid off!

We spent 3 weeks on this figure, so about 15 hours in all. Then immediately we had to tear it up and throw it back into the clay bucket, which was emotionally very traumatic!

No comments: